So I read in a book that life is kind of like a GPS. I can’t really ask google for directions or anyone for advice when I don’t have a starting point.
Imagine asking for directions when you have no destination or starting point?!
This month I want to work on finances. I believe with a good daily habit, it can be done.
I don’t have a budget. I just try to spend “less” than what I’m making and that’s very vague. I really don’t know how much I’m really saving or spending. It’s really whatever I want after I pay my bills. It stresses me out that my finances are a blur to me. It’s time for me to stop poking my head into the sand when it comes to this. Last night I went through all of my accounts, debit and credit. So Sunday night, instead of indulging in Netflix before bed, I created an excel sheet that will document my weekend spendings.
- I want to save at least 1 whole paycheck, (I get paid biweekly).
- I’m hoping the other one will cover all need expenses. (rent, utilities, phone bill, groceries, food, entertainment, car)
- I will designate a credit card for necessities (groceries)
- Another credit card for wants/splurges. (Limit this to x amount)
- I think I will have another one for coffee+food. (Also limit this to only x amount)
- All expenses will be documented. I will improve this system over time.
I don’t want to start with a template. I will feel less motivated that way. I think that is why Mint doesn’t work for me. It needs to be my own creation first, I need to get my own system down.
Wanna do this together?